Shouldn't your query add the $Cust_ID too ??

$sql = "select * from product,order_line where prod_num = product_id and
order_num = $order_id";

How is this query going to identify a particular customer ??

I'm not sure if this question is appropriate for this list, but I'll try
any way. I'm a total beginner who is trying to get some hands on
experience. I've read almost all of "Perl for Dummies" and am about to
move on to "Learning Perl". I've also got my "Perl in a Nutshell"
reference. I figure for this point I'm armed as well as could be. Here's
my problem:

My work has given me the following script to work on. It's way beyond me
but I'm trying to pick it apart anyhow. This snippet of the larger
script is supposed to e-mail the customer a list of items that they've
purchased. However, it continues to pull all the items from the database
that have ever been bought by anyone. They use this same exact script on
another shopping cart and it works without issue. The following is the
pertinent part of the script. Please forgive me if this is too heavy for
this list or if I should post elsewhere. If anyone could give me any
idea as to what part of the script might be the source of our problems
it would be greatly appreciated. I do have the complete script but was
concerned about posting the full thing here, since there's CGI and HTML
code also. Thanks in advance:

# Information Emailed to Customer

$email_message = <<EOM;

Thank you for your MyShop.com order.

Your order confirmation number is #2002$Cust_ID.

EOM

;

$email_message .=
sprintf("%-25.25s%-20.20s%-3.3s%10.10s\n","Item","Cost","Qty","Amount");

$email_message .= "-"x58 . "\n";

$sql = "select * from product,order_line where prod_num = product_id and
order_num = $order_id";

$rs = $DBObj->prepare($sql);

$rs->execute();

while ($row = $rs->fetchrow_hashref()) {

        $quan=1;

        $email_message .= sprintf("%-25.25s%-20.20s%-3.3s%10.10s\n",

                $row->{p_product},

                $row->{p_cost},

                $quan,

                sprintf("%.2f",$quan*$row->{p_cost}));

}

$email_message .= sprintf("\nTotal%53.53s\n","USD $total_cost");

$email_message .= <<EOM;

Please send any questions or comments to info\@Myshop.com

We appreciate your business.

Willy Waley

EOM

;

send_email(' My Shop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>',$cu_email,'Your My Shop Digital
Receipt',$email_message);

# End of Information Emailed to Customer