On Tue, 2 Jul 2002 22:39:41 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Mariusz) wrote:

>I'm trying to built a simple shopping cart and I'm not sure where to start. I do not
>want to create a db at this point and the order will be simply e-mailed. Does this
>solution make any sense (that's what the cgi would do)? :
>
>1. Create file called somehow so I could call it back when the person decides to
>check out (their ip address?)
>2. Keep adding items to that file till the person decides to check out
>3. On "check out" email the file.

Hi, I was like you and didn't know where to start with a cart.
For a learning experience, I took an old perl4 store called Perlshop,
and patched it up to what I wanted.
You can look at it http://zentara.net/store

It works, but is not the finest example of modern perl;
but "use what works" has become my mantra. :-)

and you can download the scripts to examine at
http://zentara.net/downloads/perlshop-z.zip

There is alot involved in maintaining the integrity of
the form-data. Hackers will take your form, alter the price
you have listed, and submit it, trying to get a "deal".