s/((^|\n\n).+?)\n/$1 /g;

s/       substitute
(         put this is $1
(^      the start of the file
|          or
\n\n)  two newlines
..+?      followed by 1 or more characters up until a
)         stop putting it in $1
\n      newline
/         with
$1 /    the text captured above followed by a space
g;        keep doing it until you can't match anymore

>>> Sunish Kapoor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 07/04/02 04:27pm >>>
Dear Katy,

It works great after the changed the regular expression to as given by
below..!
Thanks a ton for the help.....but may I request for a small explanation
of the
line

Sunish