You will need to set your $ORACLE_HOME

$ORACLE_HOME = "/path/to/oracle";

-----Original Message-----
From: Naser Ali [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 9:32 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: CGI and Oracle Question,

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to access Oracle database object (a table's contents) through a
CGI script to print the information on the web page, but I am continuously
getting this error message,

"ORACLE_HOME environment variable not set!
DBI->connect(aali) failed: Error while trying to retrieve text for error
ORA-12154 (DBD ERROR: OCIServerAttach) at /www/cgi-bin/plo4
Can't Connect to the Database: Error while trying to retrieve text for error
ORA-12154 (DBD ERROR: OCIServerAttach)
[Fri Jul  5 10:17:12 2002] [error] [client 152.225.94.80] Premature end of
script headers: /www/cgi-bin/plot4.pl"

the owner and group of CGI script  and httpd is www/www, whereas oracles
user and group oracle/dba. If I run another script from command line with
same code logic and syntax just to check that user "www" I am able to
connect to database, it works fine. I am not sure what I am missing here.
Any pointers and help will be appreciated.
Regards