On Saturday 06 July 2002 14:18, Felix Geerinckx wrote:
> on Sat, 06 Jul 2002 12:37:39 GMT, T. B. Booher wrote:
> > I know that 'rename' moves files from one place to another, but how do
> > you copy files in perl?
>
> See
>       perldoc File::Copy

Is my perl doc broken, or is there some environmental varible that I need to
set  ?

---
[patrick@Phoenix patrick]$ perldoc File::Copy
--SNIP--
           Note that passing in files as handles instead of names
           may lead to loss of information on some operating ­
           tems; it is recommended that you use file names w­
           ever possible.  Files are opened in binary mode where
           applicable.

Notice how part of the 2nd-3th line is missing and part of the 3th-4th is also
missing.

note the terminal window that I was using at the time is much wider than the
text displayed.

Thanks,
Patrick