I want to "use strict" in a script I'm writing.  I have a separate
config file I am using (require "config.pl";) with a bunch of global
variables.  But my script doesn't seem to want to recognize those
variables unless they are actually declared in the body of the script
itself.

I tried using "my $variable = whatever;" in the config file but it
didn't seem to work either.  Does this mean that if I use strict I can
only use variables I declate in the script itself?

Thanks,

Rory
--
Rory O'Connor