The Perl Cookbook from O'Reilly has nice examples, IMO.

The basic idea is really quite simple:

Iterative example:

    for my $server (qw(huey duey louie)) {
        do_lengthy_process($server);
    }

    sub do_lengthy_proces
    {
        ... blah blah ...
    }

Forking example:

    for my $server (qw(huey duey louie)) {
        defined(my $pid = fork) or die "Couldn't fork: $!";
        unless ($pid) {
            do_lengthy_process($server);
            exit;

That's really all you need to do.