From:  Wiggins d'Anconia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Possibly time to step in here and suggest XML rather than creating
> some new or using some pre-existing config file standard. I am not an
> XML zealot, in fact I have been rather resistant to it for a while,
> but this sounds like opportunity knocking for it.
>
> That way "coming up with parsing algorithm" is not necessary and
> whoever maintains the code in 2 years won't have to ask about it....

Rarely is the  configuration complex enough to require XML.
Plain old INI or config type files are usualy easier to modify by
hand.

There are many modules for reading/writing these types of files,
search the CPAN.

Jenda
=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain
I can't find it.
                                        --- me