Hi guys

I'm trying to read a file, but it's just one massive line. I think that the
^M  is suppose to be an indication that that's wehre teh newline is suppose
to be. I've tried to replace ^M with a newline by executing something that i
found on the web:

perl -pi.bak -e 's/\^M/\n/g' moby_threads_install.txt

This didn't work. Even in vi when i do a search for ^M by doing '/^M' it
says that no matches were found. The ^M is not two characters but one. Can
anyone out there please help me?

Thanks

Desmond