On Tuesday, July 23, 2002, at 09:45 , chris wrote:

> You are correct.

perchance, but I will accept that as

        "oh, well that's worth ripping off and reusing"

as being more accurate...

> I will  follow your advice.

may I recommend that you limit following my
advice to only the 'useful parts'.... some of
my 'dumb!!!! dumb!!!! DUMB!!!!' infect even the
illustrations i put up here...

> Maybe I am making things more difficult for myself.

Oh quite!

Either you need to

        a) become omniscient now

        b) continue to struggle with the process
        of reasoning and understanding through experimentation
        and learning from your mistakes.

The path that you are on now requires that you read about the subject,
and trying to decide if you agree with the author. Then
of course there is the small problem of 'demonstration' that
you 'understand' by trying to code a solution. That way of
course leads to finding where you

        a) thought you understood the text
                a1: - and the code does not work
                                hence the struggle to get it to work.
                                more reading, more coding, more debugging.
                a2: - your design defect has not yet bit you
                                and will be the source of code that will not work
                                later on in the process....
        b) actually 'got it'

a very long, laborious and tedious process.

Simply attaining Godhead is obviously the better course....

ciao
drieux

---

if you need a smiley on that,