No offense intended, but you could start by making the varible names a
little more descriptive.
Then use at least use strict, but it's only a suggestion.
Now see inline comments

#better written as:
while(<FILE>){
        chomp;
        push @array, $_;
        }

> close(FILE);
>

> chdir($bin_dir);
> opendir(BINDIR,$bin_dir) or die "Could not open" $trillium=@array;
# this looks like a typo. shouldn't it be:
opendir(BINDIR,$bin_dir) or die "Could not open: $!"; # $! tells you why it
died
$trillium = @array; ## you really don't need this and you will see why.

## where did @binfiles come from????

> foreach $file(@binfiles){
## shouldn't it be
## foreach $file (@array){ #????
## or
foreach $file (readdir BINDIR){ #???

print "$file was not found in ck.\n" unless grep $file eq $_, @array;
}

## what the heck is this while loop? use grep (see above)