You can try using Time::Local to convert it to time() format and then just
subtract the number of seconds to see if it is expired...

-----Original Message-----
From: lz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 11:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: time comparison

Hi guys,

I am extracting the following expiration time from a
certificate, and I get expiration time from the
certificate in the following format.
   notAfter=Nov 16 23:59:59 2002 GMT

I need to compare system date with the date from a
certificate to find out whether certificate has
already been expired or within 4 weeks of expiration.

Does anyone have any good pointers on how do it?

Thanks a lot!