On Friday, July 26, 2002, at 08:35 , Johnson, Shaunn wrote:
[..]
> [snip error]
>
> Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) at
> /usr/local/home/shaunn/perl/pg_perl/sys_count.pl line 111.
> Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) at
> /usr/local/home/shaunn/perl/pg_perl/sys_count.pl line 111.
> Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) at

since your illustration did not have what seemed to be 111
lines in it - you may wish to check there as to what was
the token that could be 'in place'.....

> [/snip error]
>
> I'm guessing that it's complaining about the column name "AS"
> or the way I'm stuffing the counts into an array and the poor
> way I'm trying to parse them out and put them into separate
> columns.
[..]
> while (@count)=$sth->fetchrow) {

this looks unkosher to me

what happens if you do

        while ( my @count = $sth->fetchrow) {
                my $items = @count;
                print "I have $items in \@count\n";
                die "less than required\n if $items < 49;
        }

since this would help establish if you can reference

        $count[48]

or any of the children...
[..]

> [/snip code]