On Monday, July 29, 2002, at 08:57 , James Campbell wrote:
[..]
> Scuse my ignorance (and illiteracy) but what is munging? It seems to
> crop-up occasionally and I have absolutely no clue...

I believe the term you may know is 'bodging' and/or 'mucking about'

cf:
        http://www.manning.com/cross/

essentially the irregular verb 'to munge' denotes the process
by which 'incoherent data' is made 'good enough' for the needs
of the moment....

remember, in technical systems, in lieu of re-using words that
are re-cyclable one can simply make the Frelling Things up as
one needs them, where one needs them....

ciao
drieux

---

for the brightly painted savages in the colonies:

cf:

http://www.greenwoodtrust.org.uk/crseBodgingforBeginners1.htm

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=bodging&btnG=Google+Search