Try: perldoc perlfaq7

-ca

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Bratcher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 30. juli 2002 20:27
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: One stupid question

Ok, I have developed a few cgi scripts. Some are located at:
http://www.addapage.net/cgi-scripts/index.html
I have developed on an "as we learn" type of situation. Now I must ask;

what is the difference between:

my $number = 200;
and
$number = 200;
?

Im sorry to be stupid in this manner, but I see it all the time in other
scripts. I don't undersand

Thanks in advance
Brian

are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify
the system manager at [EMAIL PROTECTED]