Hello,

   Ok, I made a newbie mistake and I hope I don't have to go back and
change my code.

  I wrote a script that talks to a Mysql database.  I created a table
called hostname.

I created a subroutine to send email messages when that is any errors as
well as log them to the db.

  Problem is I want to include the hostname of the server in the subject
of the email.

** I always have issues with scope....  Can I use Sys::Hostname  just in
the subroutine, or any perl module for that matter?  Or do I have to use
it globally?

$host=hostname; finds that daggone hostname and I have hostname all over
te place....my bad.  :^(.

Thanks for the help.

chad