cron that checks through the files in the particular mailbox, grabs the
From: address, and mails back with an appropriate message. Sure, you
will have to keep track of which messages was handled already, but that
can't be too difficult right?

Only problem, I'm a total beginner with Perl, I only KNOW this must be
possible.

So I'm desperately asking help from the list.

I only need this program to check the /var/spool/imap/user/my_mailbox
file for 4 days...

Thanks in advance.