Hi,

I wrote a perl script to automatically process
incoming email by setting it up in .forward file. One
of its function is to get the data from the email and
save it to a file, which can be validated and
processed to generate a report.

One issue came up with is that when an email that
contains person's name like "Waalvåg Scott" or "Mike
Øyvind", the perl script doesn't print them correctly,
meaning, the names is not saved in the file correctly.

I disabled ".forward" setup and just send an email
that contains the special character names to my
mailbox on the system (unix), I checked /var/mail/user
and it doesn't have correct names saved there either.

It must be something to do with configuration in the
mail system, but not sure. I really appreciate it if
you can shed some light here on how to save the names
correctly in a file. Thanks much in advance!!!

Regards,
Scott