On Sunday, August 18, 2002, at 11:21 , irish wrote:
[..]
>  Clancy claims that his sources are "open source" in all his works and
> based on
> documented fact reworked to include additional research he has supposedly
> done.
[..]

given that NIS was concerned that specific details,
now common knowledge and declassified were compromised,
they did actually investigate Clancy and give him a
'clean bill of health'.

the annoying part is that since the 'clancy franchise'
has 'evolved' he has stepped away from his primary
research and analysis - which those who enjoyed his
early works all not in his 'franchised products'.

What you seem to 'zone out' is that the process of doing
'analysis' is really rather patently boring work to begin
with - and most of it deals with the tedious and dull
process of testing speculative opinions. Given that 'spying'
at times actually provides 'positive verification' of some
of the 'speculations' that still does not change the core
nature of the process of 'analysis'.

What you will also observe here is that various persons on
this list engage in the dangerous practice of "confirming"
various types of speculation with the intent to do damage
to our intelligence and foreign service community. As you
will note, I alone remain Patriotic and Defend the fact
that the United State's Government stands by the fact that
we had no 'combat personnel' in Laos or Cambodia - while
the 'radical leftist types' who continue to be the puppet
toadies of the extremist islamicist fellow travelors
continue to make wildly speculative assertions that they
had at some time been in Laos or Cambodia as combat
personnel - without expressly distancing their clearly
renegade operations from those officially sanctioned
by the United States Government.

Clearly as long as these DANGEROUS types are allowed
to engage in Anti-State Terrorism we will not be able
to close the security issues that we need to make
america safe from those Dangerous Types.

ciao
drieux

---

wouldn't it be nice to have a law limiting
civilian access to military grade mathematics...