I have an array which contains the entries below - the output was generated
with the following loop:
                for $r ( 0 .. $#allfilesystems ) {
                                for $c ( 0 .. $#{ $allfilesystems[$r] } ) {
                                        print "elt $r $c is
$allfilesystems[$r][$c]\n";
                                }
                                print"\n";
                }
OUTPUT:
elt 0 0 is sd
elt 0 1 is appsdg_CA-01
elt 0 2 is dmdcapps_archive-01
elt 0 3 is appsdg_CA
elt 0 4 is HDS99600_18

elt 1 0 is sd
elt 1 1 is appsdg_CB-01
elt 1 2 is dmdcapps_archive-01
elt 1 3 is appsdg_CB
elt 1 4 is HDS99600_17

elt 29 0 is sd
elt 29 1 is oradg_C9-09
elt 29 2 is roll02-01
elt 29 3 is oradg_C9
elt 29 4 is HDS99600_19

elt 30 0 is sd
elt 30 1 is oradg_C9-10
elt 30 2 is arch01-01
elt 30 3 is oradg_C9
elt 30 4 is HDS99600_19

What I need to do is to compare the user input with each of the entries in
my array.  For instance, if the user enters roll02 - the whole row
containing roll02 must be printed.

yanet@myhost#getinfo.pl roll02
Filesystem Information:
                Disk_Type:              sd
                Disk_Name:              oradg_C9-09
                Plex_Name:              roll02-01
                Disk_VolName:           oradg_C9
                Device_Number:  HDS99600_19

The above is the ideal output.  However, I have had trouble comparing my
user output with each of the elements of my array.  The following was
attempted but, it doesn't work:
for $r ( 0 .. $#allfilesystems ) {
        for $c ( 0 .. $#{ $allfilesystems[$r] } ) {
                print "$allfilesystems[$r][$c]\n" if $allfilesystems[$r][$c]
=~ /$userinput/i;
        }
        print"\n";
}

OUTPUT:
Use of uninitialized value at ./vxprint2.pl line 29.
sd
Use of uninitialized value at ./vxprint2.pl line 29.
oradg_C9-10
Use of uninitialized value at ./vxprint2.pl line 29.
arch01-01
Use of uninitialized value at ./vxprint2.pl line 29.
oradg_C9
Use of uninitialized value at ./vxprint2.pl line 29.
HDS99600_19

I know that the above is supposed to print only the entry, WHICH CONTAINS
THE USER INPUT but I want all the entries in the corresponding row.  How may
accomplish this??  My attempt is not even doing the minimum.  Any
suggestions???

Thank you!!!

Yanet