i am not a Windos guy and i am limited on what i know about ODBC. but why
not put your id and password in a config file so that your connect
statement will look like:

$dsn = <get from config>
$usr = <get from config>
$psw = <get from config>

my $db = new Win32::ODBC("fileDSN=$dsn; uid=$usr; psw=$psw");

that should avoid the horrifying "listing" effect...

you will put the config file somewhere restricted from outside access. of
course, it probably doesn't stop anyone(other developers, users of your
machine) whois using your system from opening the config file manually.

david