Hi,

I need to create xml DOM trees from scratch save them as xml files
so that I can reload them & make modifications to the elements'
values as well as adding new elements or attributes.  Right now I'm
using the  XML::LibXML::Document & XML::LibXML::Element classes.

 And I have a bunch of questions...

1- I would to give an XPath expression as a parameter to a method and
get as a result a pointer to the position in the DOM tree to either add
nee element/attribute or modify an existing one.  How do I do that?

2- Is there a way to have "C++ like friend class" in perl?

3- Do XML::LibXML::Document & XML::LibXML::Element class methods
understand Xpath expressions or do I absolutly have to use
XML::XPath::Element?

4- Is there a class that represent a DOM tree in XML::XPath package and
is there one which
would be a parser like the XML::LibXML module ...  Does it provide the
same functionalitites
XML::LibXML::Document does?

Thanks for helping out.
Melanie