hello list
i am trying to print the output of a parsing script to a file- the way it
is right now, the print commands are within a foreach loop, and it prints
to the screen. in order to get the entire output into a file, i'm using a
simple set of commands like so:

        foreach my $key (keys %alignments) {
    print "$key\nXXXXXXXXXXXX\n", $alignments{$key}, "\nXXXXXXXXXXX\n";

    open (OUT, '>outputfile.txt') or die "couldn't";
    print OUT "$key\nXXXXXXXXXXXX\n", $alignments{$key}, "\nXXXXXXXXXXX\n"
}

print $ending_annotation;
exit;

the output to the screen prints the entire output correctly, but when i
open the file output.txt i get only the last item in my output, not the
entire list..

any help appreciated..

many thanks
nandita.