Michael -- As I had earlier posited, it was just out of curiosity and the question was
more in tune with academic curiosity rather than pragmatic correctiveness.
I always used to have "named iterators", but when I was programming without them
today, this question came up to my mind instantaneously. Though I presumed that the
chances were low, because of $_ masquerading values as per the scope, I still wanted
to make sure for a fact, that it was not possible.
All the noetic exchanges on this subject, have clearly demonstrated that it is not
possible and one has to use only named iterators.
Thanks,
Rex