From: Steve [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 08:12
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: regular expression help....

I have the following line in a log file:

09-07-2002 11:39:25.95 - Microsoft Dial Up Adapter log opened.

The date and time will always change but the after that it's always
consistent (well opened will sometimes be closed)  I need to get the entire
date in a variable and the entire time in a variable.  I will compare the
difference between open and close and place THAT into a cumulative variable.

Anyway this the rexexp I have to get the date and time but it's not
matching:

/(\d\d-\d\d-\d{4}) (\d\d:\d\d:\d\d\.\d\d)-(Adapter log)/

Now if I just do it like /(Adapter log)/ I get a match on Adapter log,
which leads me to think that the problem is somewhere with my digit
matching.

Thanks

-----

The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering iron, a
manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.

----

This message contains information that is confidential
and proprietary to FedEx Freight or its affiliates.
It is intended only for the recipient named and for
the express purpose(s) described therein.
Any other use is prohibited.