Conway's book is excellent!! Definitelly the source for OO perl. But it has some very
advanced concepts and assumes a thorough understanding of basic Perl. (He dedicates
the first two chapters of the book to an Perl and OO concepts refresher course). So if
you're just starting out, definitelly start with the two books recommended below.

Bear in mind that OO Perl is just Perl that has a function called bless. bless takes a
perl reference and sticks it into a package namepsace that then allows you to call
methods (functions) on that reference (now called an object). Everything else (private
vs. public properties, class vs. object properties, private vs. public methods etc..)
is all done with smoke and mirrors which Conway covers extremelly well in OO Perl.

~mark.