Hi,

I have a web interface where I'm executing a compiled perl script. Within the perl
script I'm trying to execute a DOS command but its not working properly.
If I put my command in a batch file and execute the batch file from the perl script it
works. I know  it's because copy is not a program...it's a function inside the
command.com
/cmd.exe shell interpreter.  That's why it works when it's a batch file...because the
batch is implicitly run under the shell interpreter.

This is the line in my perl script that is not quite doing what I want it to do. Copy
the file.

system("command.com copy /C d:\test\input.ps e:\test\output.ps");

When I run the above line from a DOS command prompt this is the error I get.

File not found - D:\TEST\INPUT.PS
           0 file(s) copied

What wrong?