Hi,

I run into a problem and would appreciate some help.

I'd like to write a subroutine that parses an XML file.
I use XML::Parse and one way that works is to define
subroutines with the name of an XML tag and every appearance
of that tag calls the appropriate subroutine.

Since I want to have this procedure entirely encapsulated in
my funtion I end up defining nested subroutines:

sub myParse {
   my $content;

   sub myXMLtag {
      (... do something with $content...)

Now I'm getting error messages "Variable "$content" will not stay shared".

I read something about anonymous functions to prevend this error but
I can't do that here since XML::Parse requires the function names
the same as the XML tags.

Thanks for help,
-- Bernd