Hi List ,

 I have a directory that I want to read . Lets say the name of the directory
is my scripts (Windows platform ) . In this directory is text files . What I
want to do is read the directory and extract 2 lines out of each text file .
So far I'm able to create an Array but I'm not sure how to now read the text
files and extract 2 lines (they are dynamic as far as  info but always the
same line numbers) . Here is what I have so far :

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;
opendir(MYSCRIPTS, 'c:\support\my scripts') || die "cannot open my scripts:
$!";
@FILES=readdir MYSCRIPTS;
# reads the contents of the directory
closedir(MySCRIPTS);

@FILES=<*.txt>;
#Glob only the text files

Thats what I got so for . I would like to know if I'm going about it the
right way or is there a better way to go . Please keep in mind that I'm a
beginner . :)

Thanks
Chris Federico
Dep:AITS