david wrote:
> Tom Allison wrote:
>

>>I was trying to use the Mail::Send module for shipping out some
>>email, but I'm getting nothing.
>>
>>No errors, event with lots of die opportunities.
>>No logs registering an attempt.
>>
>>Nothing.
>>
>>help?
>

> any code? maybe you are using the module in a wrong way? maybe your mail
> server is down? a lot of guess but no answer unless you provide something
> for us to check.
>
> david

I found some obscure notes work, but don't make sense....

Mail::Send says that the method of creating an email body is:
$fh=$msg->open;
And being based on Mail::Mailer, it will query for Mailx, mail,
Mail first for a mail processing application.
Failing that, it will move to sendmail...qmail and others.

Well, 'mail' exists, but it doesn't work with Mail::Send.

I have to use the command:

$fh = $msg->open("sendmail");

And use the postfix alias/compatability program called sendmail to
get this to work.

It's working, but I wish I knew more about why?

--
All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.