I know it's a reference to a hash.  What I don't know is why it's printing
out like this.  I have hash values that I need to print out, but not in any
order, so I put each hash value that I want to print in a join statement in
the order I need them.  The really strange part is that I also have a print
statement to help me debug  my code, and I print out each hash value.  I
commented out each part that printed a hash value to the screen, and only
left the phrase:
        print "Printing hash values: \n";

When it printed, it still printed out a hash reference, like this:

        From the GetHdrLine function:
        HASH(0x1c6ed80)From the GetHdrLine function:
        HASH(0x1ab5300)From the GetHdrLine function:
        HASH(0x1c6eda4)From the GetHdrLine function:
        HASH(0x1ab52d0)From the GetHdrLine function:
        HASH(0x1ab5390)From the GetHdrLine function:
        HASH(0x1ab5330)From the GetHdrLine function:
        HASH(0x1cbe35c)From the GetHdrLine function:

Why would it do that?  Maybe I'm not being clear, so I can post code if it
would be more helpful.

I don't think I completely understand your code.  When you put

        'join( '|', values %hash )'

what exactly do you mean?  Should I put each hash value that I'm wanting to
print, and then the word %hash?  That doesn't seem to make any sense to me.
I checked out perldoc perlref, but didn't see anything that pertains to
joins, but maybe I'm missing something.  I'm really grateful for your help,
but could you be a bit more specific?  I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

Sean