From: david <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Jenda Krynicky wrote:
>
> > Are the $n variables accessible as an array as well?
> >
> > Currently I am using
> >
> > no strict 'refs';
> > ... ${$i} ...
> >
> > but I don't really like that.
> >
> > I know I can do
> >
> > @array = ($string =~ /regexp/);
> >
> > but I need to access the matched strings in the code in
> > s/regexp/code/ge so this is not workable.
> >
> > So did I overpass anything?
> >

> maybe i miss you point and your question. s/regexp/code/ge, the code
> portion is not matched/search for Perl, it's purely a replacement
> string(or expression with as many /eeee as you want).

OK.

I thought the difference between "I need to access the matched
strings in the code in s/regexp/code/ge" vs. "I need to access the
strings matched in the code in s/regexp/code/ge" is big enough :-)

This is a little like what I have:

$text =~ s{$regexp}{
        my $tagname = $1;
        my %params = ('' => '%');
        my $i = 2;
        no strict 'refs';
        while (defined ${$i}) {
                $params{${$i}} = ${$i+1};
                $i+=2;
}ge

The ${$i} and ${$i+1} is the thing I do not like.

Jenda
=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain
I can't find it.
                                        --- me