On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 09:36:41AM -1000, Josh wrote:
> I meant that I issued those commands from the command line. So even with
> the file owned by nobody and everything is world read/writable I still get
> a permission denied error.

What does ls -l on the file output?  In your program, what are the values
for $> and $< (printed to STDERR, or a log file, or something)?  What are
the permissions on the intervening directories?  I.e. if the file is
/etc/apache/fooness.cfg, what does ls -l say for /etc and /etc/apache?

You should not be getting a permissions denied error if what you say is
true, so there must be something missing that is restricting your
permission.

Michael
--
Administrator                      www.shoebox.net