A profiler is basically a program that watches another program run and
outputs information on how long it ran, uses of variables, memory
accesses, looping information, etc.  It can be really helpful when
you're trying to figure out where the bottleneck in a particular program
is...  It can also teach you to write tighter code since you learn from
your mistakes :)

Friz

--