i've read the Object Orienter Perl book by Damian Conway, and in chapter
11 he explains about Tie::SecureHash that's supposed to provide
capability to create private attributes.

however, since a package is never closed, and we cannot override the
'package' op (via declaring sub CORE::GLOBAL::package {} for example),
an untrusted client can just do this:

  package MyClass;
  sub get_priv_attr { my $self = shift; $self->priv_attr }

are there other ways to reasonably accomplish "privateness"?

--
dave