Dear,

Sorry but, I've forgot to explain that I use PostgreSQL in FreeBSD box and the
Microsoft Access database in windows 98 plataform.

So, I have a script perl in FreeBSD which connect in PostgreSQL database in FreeBSD
box too and I would like that my script perl to connect to Microsoft Access database
in Windows 98 plataform to retrieve data from there and put them in PostgreSQL
database.

I load the PostgreSQL library with this "use Pg;". My script perl connects to
PostgreSQL this way:
$db = Pg::connectdb("dbname=system");

I need to do the script to open a Microsoft Access database at the same time to
retrive data from there and put them in PostgreSQL database.
Sorry, if I wasn't so clear before.

Thank you for some help.

Na Tuesday, 15 de October de 2002 ŕs 10:09:24 PM, Jenda Krynicky escreveu:

> From:                 "Cleiton L. Siqueira"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > I need to retrieve data from Microsoft Access database and put them in
> > a PostgreSQL database. I got to access PostgreSQL normally, but I
> > can't open a Microsoft Access database using perl. Someone knows how
> > can I do it?
>
> What do you mean "got to access PostgreSQL normally"?
> DBI+DBD::Something?
> You can do pretty much the same for Access. Just use DBD::ODBC.
>
> If that doesn't work please tell us what did you try and what did it
> do.
>
> Jenda
> ===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
> When it comes to wine, women and song, wizards are allowed
>       -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery
>

> --

Cleiton L. Siqueira
Colégio Monjolo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(0xx45) 520-1915

Esta mensagem foi enviada pelo sistema MONJOLO WEBMAIL

http://www.colegiomonjolo.com.br