Hope this is helpful...
Setting file associations is done by ActivePerl but if you want to use
command line parameters:
go to
My Computer,
  View,
    Options,
       File Types
         Edit the file type with the .pl extension,
            Edit the 'Open' action
Include %1 %* so that the last portion of the line looks like
\perl.exe %1 %*
This will give you access to command line parameters