From: Thanatos [mailto:thanatos@;vcnet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 4:21 PM
To: Analbers, Luc
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: question about importing data in MS Access

Analbers, Luc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone help me?
> This is what I try to make:
>
> I do have a Microsoft Access file on the network.
> I would like to give our employees the opportunity to fill in a HTML form
> (to be created in Dreamweaver) and send (store) the data to the shared
> networkdirectory.
> Once this is done, the data should be automatically imported in the
database
> and after succesfull import the sent data must be deleted automatically.
>
> So generally it is about sending data (via HTML) to an Access 97 database.
>
> Anyone solved this problem before?
> Who can help me? What do I need to solve this issue?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Luc

> Luc Analbers
> Applicatiebeheerder  Redactie
> Wegener Huis-aan-huis Kranten BV
> Houten
> *:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello Luc,

There is a perl module called DBD::ODBC. I have never used it but I have
been told that you can connect to an Access database and insert records.
( I do this all day using DBD::mysql on a MySQL database ).

What you need to do is have your HTML submit to a perl script that
connects to the Access database and inserts the data.

Hope that helps,
Thanatos

p.s. You can read about the DBD::ODBC module here:
http://search.cpan.org/author/JURL/DBD-ODBC-0.43/ODBC.pm

Hope that helps,
Thanatos