On Oct 25, David said:

>       I need to display the files in a directory, files in directories in
>that directory, etc....  My question is, how do I move through the
>directory?  For various reasons I can not use modules from CPAN.  I'm
>familiar with iteration and recursion, I only need to know what built in
>functions to use.  If possible, a code example would be appreciated.

The File::Find module is not from CPAN, it's in the standard distribution.
Study the code if you'd like.  One problem with most directory-recursion
code is that they follow symlinks that can lead to infinite loops.

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan      [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.pobox.com/~japhy/
RPI Acacia brother #734   http://www.perlmonks.org/   http://www.cpan.org/