Hi all,

I have written a program (listed at the end of this email) which is designed to examine the arguments to the program and sort them into .C files and .H files and then print them out together. It (attempts) to do this by adding each .C file or .H file into an array @c_files or @h_files respectively.

However, when I run the program I get the following error:

[buddrid@mit243linux ]$ ./remove_private.pl abc.C def.h ghi.H fdfff.c
syntax error at ./remove_private.pl line 10, near "@c_files ("
syntax error at ./remove_private.pl line 14, near "@h_files ("
Execution of ./remove_private.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
[buddrid@mit243linux ]$

Can anyone see what the problem is here? push as I understand it takes 2 parameters, an array followed by a list. I have tried to provide these parameters as you can see in the code below. Any help greatly appreciated. 8-)

thanks

David.

#!/usr/bin/perl

@c_files;