I have an application that needs to attach to some data which it is running.
I initially started by using Storable.pm and see a potential problem with data synchronization between different applications running.

I think I need to change this to another type of data IO method.

My first guess is to use "tie" to access a file of type DB_File.

The number of records is small <1000 but the record structure is going to be either a hash of hashes, hash of arrays, or similar.

Any suggestions on how to do this quickly and neatly? Right now the only thing I can think of is to save into the DB_File a hash where hash-key is a string and hash-value is a hash-reference.

Will this work?
Is there something better/faster/stronger.....?
--
This dungeon is owned and operated by Frobozz Magic Co., Ltd.