--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to have a script check when a file was created.  I've looked
> at the file test operators (-C) but it looks like those wont help me
> because they return file ages since the script started running, I need
> something more like a timestamp.  Any ideas?
>
> Thank you in advance for any help you can offer
>
> brian

You can't.  I suppose there may be operating systems that track this, but this
information
typically is *not* available for files.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Depending upon what you need to do, you could perhaps check when the file was last
altered or
accessed.

  my ($last_read,$last_written) = (stat($filename))[8,9];

Cheers,
Ovid

=====
"Ovid" on http://www.perlmonks.org/