>I tried to lookup the "perldoc -q" on the net but couldn't find anything?
>(www.perldoc.com right?)

perldoc is software that generally is installed with perl.

perldoc.com has the same information, but doesn't have a way to use the
flags that the software version has.

The -q flag to perldoc searches the FAQs, so from www.perldoc.com, select
the FAQ index.  Using your browser to search for the string "space" on that
page leads to "How do I strip blank space from the beginning/end of a
string?" within perlfaq4.  If you click on the perlfaq4 link, and again
search on "space", you get a link to that question, clicking on which gives
you
<http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.8.0/pod/perlfaq4.html#How-do-I-strip-blank-spa
ce-from-the-beginning-end-of-a-string->
which I won't copy to hear because everyone should be able to find it now on
their own if they want to read it.

                                /\/\ark