From: Johnstone, Colin
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 17:00
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Regex help!!

Hi all,

Im reading in a file line by line and I want to look for the occurence of  this string
<!-- response here --> in $line. Is this the right way to do it. If it finds it it is
to inser the value of $screenOutput in its place.

if($screenOutput ne ""){
my $responsePage = "";
open(IN, "<$locationResponsePageSkin") or die("Cannot open: $!");
while( my $line = <IN>){
$line ~= s/<!-- response here -->/$screenOutput/;
$responsePage .= $line;
}
close(IN);
print $responsePage;