On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 11:02:46 -0000, "Rob Dixon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Narayan
>
> In general, on Unix:
>
>     perl -MCPAN -eshell
>
> then use 'h' for help, 'm /regex/' for a list of modules matching the regex.

This appears to give you a list of available modules from CPAN that could be
installed. My understanding of the question is how to determine what modules the user
already has.  On unix or cygwin you can issue:

find `perl -e 'print "@INC"'` -name "*.pm"

I won't guess on how to do this on windows, don't claim much knowledge of it's perl
capabilities.

For most modules installed from CPAN and the standard modules you can do:

perldoc <module name> (for example: perldoc Date::Calc)

And the pod documentation will be displayed, it is also easy to just use
http://search.cpan.org and view it online, this also gives an easy way to see the
actual source of the module.

And of course you can always check out, for a little lite reading:

perldoc perl

http://danconia.org