Possibly better asked to beginners-cgi, but in any case.

ASP -> $$, M$ (and not just that it is an evil empire ;-), but portability)
MONO -> vaporware
Sun -> $$, apples and oranges?

I am sure I will right a <soapbox> on this later, but for now those seem like 3 good
quick reasons.

http://danconia.org