Unfortunately, using the || as below doesn't change the behavior. Once my script tries to make the connection and can't, it exists with a "connection failed to $host, etc. etc." message, whether I use warnings or diagnostics or neither. If anyone can help me understand why this may be or if they experience the same, this would be terribly helpful. As I mentioned, I need to be able to trap this error and continue processing if a connection fails.

Thanks!!!!

Mark Goland wrote:

how about
#/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;
use Net::SFTP;

my ($sftp) = Net::SFTP->new("10.25.3.150", user=>"administrator", password=>"suite100") || warn "connection failed $!";

if (!$sftp) {
print "I can't connect!";
} else {
print "SUCCESS!";