On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:03:06 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bob
Showalter) wrote:

> [...]

I just came across a great way to hide your source code.
A fellow posted a "Generic Script Compiler" called shc,
on freshmeat.
http://www.datsi.fi.upm.es/~frosal/

It works for perl scripts too.
The way it works is this:
It takes your script, and encrypts it with RC4 and stores it
in a self-decrypting c program. Then when you execute the
c program, it internally decrypts your script and runs it via
the c version of exec. It produces very small executables.
It does not improve speed any, but it definitely hides your
code, and is especially useful for scripts which require
a password in them.

I say check it out, I'm keeping this one in my tool box. :-)