Hello,

I have a perl program that sends out mail.
It has been in production since 1998.
It works fine in most installations.

I recently changed ISPs (new: ISP outgoing mail server is mail.megapath.net)

The messages are now losing the From: line.
In the expanded header, the Return-Path: line is fine.
This occurs on Solaris,  Perl 5.005 and RedHat 7.2, Perl 5.6.1.

The problem goes away when I change the outgoing mail server to my
internal SMTP server. (An Internet appliance).

I guess the right answer is to run my own SMTP server. Do not want
to do that since I do not know much about SMTP.

Is there any way to get NET::SMTP to work with the ISPs like
mail.megapath.net?

Is there a tool that might work?

TIA

Robert Monical