Sorry - to check that the headers exist change the first part of the if()
statement to:

        if ($line++ == 0)
        {
            my $i;
            $column{$_} = $i++ foreach @field;
            foreach (@required)
            {
                die "Column $_ doesn't exist"
                        unless exists $column{$_};

Rob

"News.Support.Veritas.Com" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
message [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...